Monday, November 16, 2009

Use #158 For An Old Window Frame

A hair clip holder.

I found an old window frame for $3.00. I knew what I wanted it to become almost instantly. I had to paint it so it would match the princess's room, but there was so much texture going on that I didn't want to mess that up.
So I used plain old acrylic paint and just gave it one light coat. It is completely flat and very thin so that you can still see through it in most places.
I stapled some pink ribbon to the back and and screwed in some hooks at the bottom for bracelets and necklaces.
I love it when something is not only pretty, but functional as well. This has them both covered, and the princess loves it, too.

12 comments:

Rarely David usually Lisa said...

Oh, that is darling!!!! I love window frames! That princess' room is getting quite the treatment. I want to see it. I miss having a frilly girl :( Enjoy it while you can!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

So so charming! I just love the textured roughness of that window too! Very creative!

Donna

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Oh my gosh! I love that! Too bad I have two boys or I would have to give that a try. You should post it to my Furniture Feature Friday link party. Also, I'm mentioning you on my post tonight for the tip about wetting paper prior to using Mod Podge. I tried it and it was much better. Thanks!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

With 2 girls I know you can never have too many place to organize your ribbons and bows... very cute!

Shannon said...

That turned out great! What a fun way to display hair stuff too. I usually find ours all across the house, under stuff, behind stuff and on stuffed animals.

Holly said...

Really cute! My little girl is almost past the bow age...boo hoo! I wish I would've seen this several years ago!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Very cute--we are past the bow stage too--but I am thinking something for jewelry...

KimMalk said...

This isn't storage, this is art!
@cheapchichome.blogspot.com

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Again, I just love it! Thanks for linking up!

Anonymous said...

This is such a darling idea!

Jen @ jentility.com said...

What a great idea! I've been searching for a creative way to store those little suckers for a while now. Perfect! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Ok, my daughter's bows are jealous of this! LOVE it!