Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Confession

There is something that consumes me, and if you know me, you will instantly know what it is, but if you only know me through this little blog, you probably have no idea. That's because this is the one place I try to keep free of my obsession. The one place you will not have to listen to me go on and on and on about EDWARD, and BELLA, and JACOB, and VAMPIRES, and WEREWOLVES...etc. My plan was to always keep this one little area of my life Twilight free, but alas, when something becomes such a fulblown obsession, it is bound to show up everywhere. Nothing can be left free of it. So this is me officially coming out of the Twilight closet on my crafty and -up until now - Twilight free blog.

Is there any relevance of my "outing" to this blog? Why, yes there is, otherwise it would still be Twilight free. For the opening of New Moon I went to a pre-movie party and was asked to bring a dessert. I was so excited. And suddenly my creative juices stopped flowing, maybe I was just a little too emotional over the whole thing to think clearly. I wracked my brains, I scoured the internet... nothing. I found lots of ideas, but nothing "spoke" to me. Then my neighbor sent me this link. Here it was, the idea I had been looking for. The one that finally said, "pick me, pick me!" So I did. And here is the final result:

They are obviously red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. The frosting has clear sugar sparkles on top (a nod to Edward's sparkling body). The fork picks, for Forks, WA where the story takes place, are holding quotes from New Moon. And of course, the quotes are typed in each character's font used in the book. I think they turned out great, and they were very fun to make!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! Great idea!

Blogger said...

There's shocking news in the sports betting industry.

It's been said that any bettor needs to see this,

Watch this or quit placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - Robotic Sports Betting Software.