Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sectional Reupholstery - Day 1

Yesterday began the reupholstery of my sectional sofa. Here is a glimpse of the before:


I thought it would be best to tackle this one section at a time. I decided to begin with the corner section.


The tools I used...

pliers, hammer, flathead screwdriver, seam ripper, and a sharpie for labeling the fabric pieces as they came off. Are they the proper tools for this job - probably not. Did they do the job - absolutely!


Three whole minutes into the project I broke my seam ripper. I guess not all seams are created equal. Is that a bad omen?


30 minutes into the project and here's what we have:


At this point I'm thinking, "This is a piece of cake! This isn't going to take me near as long as I thought. I'll have this piece stripped in another hour."


4 1/2 hours later...


The first piece is stripped and ready to go. Today I get to start cutting fabric!

No comments: