Sunday, August 23, 2009

Jam, Pie, and a Blue Ribbon

Yesterday I entered my strawberry pie in a neighborhood fair pie baking contest. I didn't take a picture of it because I wasn't going to win. I was just doing it for the fun of it. Well, guess what? I won!!! Can you believe it? I won the blue ribbon!!! (I do have to point out that it was just a neighborhood contest and only included about 9 or 10 pies - I'm not ready for a "real" contest by any means.) But I was still quite pleased with myself. Then I realized I hadn't taken a picture of my pie. Probably the only pie contest I will ever enter and win, and I didn't have a picture of it. AAAACCCKKK!!!! This has got to be documented because I am sure that 100 years from now my great-grandchildren are going to want to know all about how their great-grandma won a neighborhood pie contest thereby changing the entire course of their lives. They will want to know what this wonderful pie looked like, and I will have failed them all because I didn't take a picture. This is all they will have to look at:
The shame, the guilt, it's all too much. So I took a picture of my ribbon with the pie that I had made for my family, because no mother can make a pie to take somewhere else without making an identical pie for her family. She may just find herself kicked out of the house for a blunder such as that. So, although this is not the actual pie that won the contest, it is pretty darn close. The other pie was a bit prettier, it was fuller and the whipped cream was not melting, but it's close enough.

To celebrate my victory I made Triple Berry Jam.... mmmmmmmmmm.
I love homemade jam.

3 comments:

Lloyd said...

Way to go, Shari!!! Congrats on the pie and ribbon.

Rarely David usually Lisa said...

Good job, Shari. There's always the county fair as well as the state fair to aim for next year :)

Shwetablog said...

grt